Serving the Narrabri Shire
The Courier is a locally owned independent newspaper serving the Narrabri Shire in North Western NSW, Australia. The Courier is produced at 60 Maitland Street Narrabri, Narrabri and has been since the earliest days of publishing in the 1870s.
In 2013 The Courier celebrated its centenary. Prior to 1913 there were two papers servicing the township of Narrabri. They were the Narrabri Herald, established in the 1870s and the Narrabri Age which began publication in 1884. Both papers were published until 1912 after which they merged to form The North Western Courier which was first published on January 7, 1913 and the owner was J.E. Asher. In 1920, The Courier passed in to the hands of John Shearer Dunnet and is still owned by his descendants.