Polocrosse has taken two major blows in the past week as the sport continues to feel the effects of the COVID-19 pandemic.
Last Thursday the Narrabri Polocrosse Club announced that its annual carnival, which was scheduled to be held this Saturday and Sunday, August 1 and 2, had been cancelled.
“The Narrabri club has decided last [week] at our meeting that due to the current COVID-19 restrictions and the extra manpower needed to run the carnival and adhere to all the recommendations that we will unfortunately not be able to run our carnival as we had planned,” secretary Kristy Bullen said.
Then on Tuesday more bad news followed when the Galloping Gully Polocrosse Club announced that its carnival, scheduled for Saturday and Sunday, August 8 and 9, had also been cancelled.
Gully encouraged players to keep practising and promised to return bigger and better in 2021.
NSW Polocrosse said that it hoped September and October would bring with it some spring weather which could hopefully see some polocrosse played.
Meanwhile, Polocrosse Association of Australia president Graham Lane announced earlier this month that the 2020 Nationals scheduled to be played in Ballarat had been postponed until 2022.To order photos from this page click here