NSW Health has announced further public health measures to minimise the risk of COVID-19 transmission related to participation in community sports.
The NSW Health update includes the following public health recommendations:
– Cease activities that result in the mixing of participants and staff from different regions, for example by ceasing zone, regional or state championships or competitions;
– Cease any activities that result in overnight stays (eg multi-day training camps) due to increased risk of COVID transmission in residential-type settings with shared facilities;
– Cease face-to-face social activities relating to community sports (eg award ceremonies, end-of-season social gatherings, post-training group dinners);
– Avoid carpools or bus travel with people from different household groups where possible;
– For local activities, limit spectators to one parent only, where the child requires parental supervision during the sporting activity.
These changes will come into effect tomorrow August 19, and are anticipated to be in place for the next 6 weeks.To order photos from this page click here