Thursday, September 16, 4.30pm:
Whitehaven Coal has advised The Courier that no positive test results were returned after a worker attended the company’s Narrabri Mine earlier this week following a possible COVID exposure.
“Earlier this week, Whitehaven advised it had initiated its COVID Response Plan following a possible COVID-19 exposure risk at a section of its Narrabri operation,” a Whitehaven spokesperson said.
“Whitehaven is pleased to advise that all potentially-affected personnel have since returned negative test results and there is no further risk to the workforce or community arising from this incident.
“Whitehaven extends its appreciation to NSW Health for its support through the rapid implementation of our on-site response plans.
“Keeping its workforce and the local community safe remains Whitehaven’s first priority.”
Tuesday, September 14, 12.10pm:
A worker has attended Whitehaven Coal’s Narrabri Mine following a possible COVID exposure, the company told The Courier this morning.
“In consultation with NSW Health we have arranged for testing of about 30 personnel who are now in isolation as a precaution pending their results,” a Whitehaven Coal spokesperson said.
Relevant areas on site have been deep cleaned and work outside of those areas has continued as normal.
Whitehaven Coal said that all personnel were required to follow NSW Health advice and added that it would continue to work closely with NSW Health to ensure all appropriate measures are fully implemented.
“All of our on-site COVID safe protocols were in place including temperature testing, social distancing, separating crews and mask wearing,” a Whitehaven Coal spokesperson said.
More to comeTo order photos from this page click here