Splash parks in the three shire townships in addition to upgrades at sporting facilities and other works at community assets are among new projects to feature in Narrabri Shire Council’s updated contributions plan.
Council has identified 13 new projects to form part of its Development Contributions Plan.
This document outlines projects in the shire which could be funded through development contributions.
In a report tabled at the September meeting of council, it said the original schedule focused on funding public infrastructure throughout the shire such as roads and footpaths, with specific attention to the Narrabri CBD.
“The focus of the proposed new schedule is the wider shire,” the report read.
“Civic improvements are proposed for both Wee Waa and Boggabri, including the delivery of infrastructure recommended by the Narrabri Shire Walk and Cycle Strategy, which ultimately encourages the use of active and passive open spaces while also aiding disability mobility as the population ages.”
At the latest meeting, Cr Maxine Booby moved that the draft amended schedule of works be adopted.
The motion was seconded by Cr Robert Kneale.
The projects and upgrades added to the schedule include:
- Renewal of playground equipment at Boggabri’s Vickery Park.
- Irrigation for fields at Boggabri’s Jubilee Park.
- Irrigation at Wee Waa’s Dangar Park.
- A shared pathway at Wee Waa’s Dangar Park.
- Renewal of tennis courts, picnic area, lighting, fencing and an all access pathway in Wee Waa.
- Design work for a Wee Waa levee shared pathway.
- Pilliga bore projects from the masterplan.
- Circular seating upgrade in the Narrabri CBD.
- Works at Narrabri skate park.
- Splash parks in Narrabri, Wee Waa and Boggabri.
- Shared paths in Narrabri, Wee Waa and Boggabri.
- A masterplan for Narrabri Indoor Centre.
- Design of canteen and toilet facilities at Cooma Oval, Narrabri.
- Accessibility access at all parks.
- New companion animals impound facility.
Ten previous projects remain on the schedule, ranging from community facility upgrades to footpath works in the shire.
The amended schedule was placed on public exhibition earlier this year and has been adopted by elected members.
See more from the local council:
- Plenty on the agenda at Wee Waa Chamber of Commerce meeting
- Nominations for Australia Day awards open
- Christmas pop-up shop open for applications