Narrabri Poultry Club’s annual show is recognised as a leader in the region and this year attracted what was considered a record number of entries.
“We had 650 entries,” confirmed club secretary Garry Shepherdson.
The show, held at Narrabri Showground on Saturday, traditionally draws strong support from the region and this year exhibitors again came from centres including Armidale, Uralla, Tamworth and Inverell.
Organisers were delighted with the success of the event.
Tamworth exhibitor Sue McMillan took home the trophy for the champion bird of the show plus a raft of other championship prizes.
However, the overall standard was very high, judges said.
- Bird of Show S McMillan.Champion Bantam S McMillan.
- Reserve Bantam G & B Sharpe.
- Champion Large Fowl G & B Sharpe.
- Reserve Large Fowl I Young.
- Champion OEG Bantam S Millan.
- Reserve OEG Bantam S McMillan.
- Champion Hardfeather Except OEG Bantam T & J Johnson.
- Reserve Hardfeather Except OEG Bantam S Bailley.
- Champion Heavy Softfeather Bantam G & B Sharpe.
- Reserve Heavy Softfeather Bantam A Young.
- Champion Light Softfeather Bantam G Hines.
- Reserve Light Softfeather Bantam H Gines.
- Champion Hardfeather OEG Large Fowl I Young.
- Reserve Hardfeather OEG Large Fowl N Smith.
- Champion Hardfeather Except OEG Large Fowl R & C Boyd.
- Reserve Hardfeather Except OEG Large Fowl A Bailey.
- Champion Softfeathe Heavy Large Fowl R & C Boyd.
- Reserve Softfeather Heavy Large Fowl P Sevil.
- Champion Light Softfeather Large Fowl G & B Sharpe.
- Reserve Light Softfeather Large Fowl K & T Lawty.
- Champion Pair B Higgins.
- Reserve Pair I Young.
Read more stories like this:
- Pedigree poultry meet the judges at Narrabri show
- Bellata teenager reaches new pinnacle at Sydney Royal Easter Show
- Pet show to welcome best four-legged friends
Inverell visitors to the Narrabri Poultry Show, Archer, Oskar and Charlie Devlin with a Brahma rooster.
Gunnedah supporters of the Narrabri Poultry Show, Michael, Lynette and Nicole Smith, with Peter Smallpiece.
A legendary drawcard for exhibitors from across the region is the Narrabri Poultry Show morning tea pepared by locals and visitors, including Trish Lawty, Heather Stanford and Ann Hine, Uralla.
Enjoying the show, Beth Drysdale, Francis Drysdale, Kevin Lawty and Gwen Lawty.
Tara and Ethan Devlin
Geoff Hine, Uralla, and Laurence Bruce man the barbecue.